Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Last night I was lying in bed, thinking of Thanksgiving and thinking about how I have so much to be thankful for.  I am thankful for Dave, who he was, who he is to me and for everything we shared together.  I am thankful that he brought me into his life, to his family which became mine, his friends who became my friends and for bringing me into his home.  By being his wife, I didn't just 'inherit' his family and friends, I also made friends who I could bring into his life.  We enriched each other's life and I am thankful.


I feel like today should be a holiday for me.  It's Thanksgiving in the States right now and I'm not there to celebrate it with the people I love and who love me.  Last night, we celebrated my new job and we had roast lamb with peas, carrots and roast potatoes.  I am thankful for my new job here.


It's hard to be here at this time.  It's a time when I am upset that Dave has passed away and that I am here in Australia when I should be home with him.  We had so much more living to do, so many more memories to make.  He was starting to make plans and looking forward to enjoying life with me beside him and now, all those hopes and dreams will never be realised.  


I feel so far away.
I am thankful for my family and friends on the other side of the world.  I wish I could be there and I know it's not going to be any 'better/easier' when Christmas gets here either.


I am thankful for Dave.  I love Dave.  I miss him so much!

No comments: