Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Have A Job!

Just in case you haven't heard, I have a job for 2012 teaching grade 3/4 in a Christian school.  I am looking forward to it!  It is a larger school than I've been in so will have different challenges and it is on the outskirts of Melbourne, and close to the rural community.  There's even a small farming program for all of the grades 3 and 4 which is great too.  I keep thinking back to the song that Sandi Patty sings called, "When Life Gets Broken"  and the lines: 


It's down in the valley 
Where He'll give you strength 
And there is nothing you have lost 
That He can't replace 
He'll help you start all over again 
When life gets broken 



I know that this job is from the Lord and I know that I couldn't have imagined a better place for me.  I am thankful that He provided this job in His perfect time.  Next week I will begin looking for a place of my own but I've been checking the internet looking over houses and whittling them down and then adding a few more.  Right near the school is a 25m indoor, heated pool and I'll probably be living close enough to the school that I'll be able to walk or ride my bike if I want to.  All things that I enjoy.


This morning I was reading from Romans 5 and I read, "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us."


I know that hope is so important to our lives because without hope, there is no purpose, no reason to keep moving forward.  To know that the Lord will help me start all over again, that He can replace what I have lost if I need it, gives me hope.  Having this job is an answer to prayer and a great reminder of the truths contained in that song.


When the Principal called to let me know I had the job, I wanted to call Dave.


"Hey honey, I got the job! It's so right for me and I'm so excited!  They've even got a small farming program that I can get involved in.  I guess by the end of the year, I'll know if I still want my own small farm.... all the things you were teaching me, all the things I learned from you and living in our home, all comes together now.  I can go swimming, walking and ride my bike around.  I'll be able to get fit. "


I can imagine the look on his face, I can imagine what he would say and the smile would reach into his eyes, he would chuckle, hug me, give me a few words of teasing and he'd be proud of me.  


Although he can't be here, he is a part of me and I will be taking that part into my new life.  I miss him like crazy and I am so thankful that he is a part of me.

1 comment:

Questing Parson said...

I feel for you. I'm not looking forward to our Thanksgiving here or to the holidays. They just won't be the same without her.