Friday, September 30, 2011

Make A Decision and Be At Peace

Today was a sad day and yet I was more at peace than I have been in a while.  Yesterday wasn't a good day which you probably figured out from the blog post I wrote but today was different.  It must have been your prayers!  I was sad though.  Driving to Walmart, I was missing Dave (as usual) so cried 'discreet' tears and in Walmart I was thinking about Dave (still) and holding back the tears.  You know how sometimes you see people walking around looking really sad, with their head down, their feet shuffling along and they might get asked, "Who died?"  Well, I was thinking that if someone saw me today, they could ask me that question. 

I went to Dean's Diner to buy a huckleberry shake as that is something I won't be able to get when I return to Australia.  Still feeling sad, I ordered my shake and then noticed the "Mule Day Mania, Reardan" tshirts and of course, I had to have one.  Dave and I went to the Mule Day parade event this year - we went last year too and we enjoyed our time together.  Anyway, the lady asked me where I was from because of my accent and usually I just say Reardan but because I was feeling so sad today, I blurted out the whole story, punctuated by my tears so she gave me a hug... But she still wanted the money for the shake and TShirt - go figure. ☺

So anyway, it was a sad day and yet it was a good day.  For all the help I've had from family and friends getting ready for the Estate Sale tomorrow and the rest of the weekend, I can't even find the words to adequately express how thankful I am.  It has truly been amazing to me how wonderful they've been and I feel honoured that they would do so much for me!!!

I have a lot on my mind and I have a lot of decisions and things to give consideration to.  Dave used to tell me that one of my weaknesses was that when I had to make a decision, I would go and discuss it with 'many' friends and get their opinions and he'd add that I needed to learn to make a decision with self-confidence.  I've been thinking about that because I know that what he said was true.  I do have a tendency to talk much about things like that but it is also part of how I process my thoughts by talking about it.  It would frustrate him when I did that because he wanted to fix it and sometimes it wasn't about fixing, just about sorting/talking it through. (I love him so much!  It's so good to remember so many little, good things as well as the good memories we shared in the short time we were together!)

In the past there have been times when I've made decisions, had peace from God about it, then listened to others and gotten 'distracted' and flustered because of their opinion instead of just being content.  I need to remember the lessons I have learned from the past and the truthful words Dave spoke and pray about those things.  When I make a decision I know to be right, I need to stick with it if I have God's peace on it.


No comments: