Sunday, September 29, 2013

Enjoying Life Again

As I sit here typing, Andrew is cooking dinner for me. After church this morning, we went for a walk around the market and bought some sausage meat such as pepperoni, then for a walk along the gardens before coming home for lunch. After lunch, I had a nap and Andrew caught up with friends and then we played an hour of squash. We played 5 close games but I won overall. He is a tennis player but he plays a good game of squash and gave me a good run. Last Monday, we went swimming at the local pool and I swam laps and we have also done a lot of walking. I like it that Andrew encourages me to do things that I enjoy and is helping me to 'break the ice' and get back into doing those things that I like doing, to get fit again.

Last Wednesday, we went up a mountain which is also a rainforest. The trees were magnificent in their strength and uniqueness and the shade of the tall trees kept it cooler than the very hot day it was. We went up to a lookout and Andrew insisted on giving me a piggy-back ride for a few metres. At one of the waterfalls, he got into the cool mountain water and stood under a waterfall. He kept his shoes and socks and shorts on because the ground in the pool was very rocky. 

Andrew is willing to enjoy new things with me and encourages me to enjoy life and laugh. He looks for ways to make me smile and we get on very well together. When it's time to study, he sits beside me and reads a book and if I get distracted, he reminds me that I need to refocus. I have another assignment due in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to get ahead from being behind. It's a practical assignment and then I have to evaluate myself and 2 peers on our demonstration of attentive listening skills, confronting and focusing. One of my colleagues from work is coming over to be my 'client' for the video and then I have to upload it to the university's site. Hopefully, I will be able to apply the skills being assessed during the 'demonstration.'

Well dinner is done, a chick flick has been watched and we've played a game of Mario Kart Wii game. It is nice to feel like I can enjoy life again, can laugh and do silly things. Work is going well. I love teaching and feel like I belong there. Milly is enjoying the attention and spoiling Andrew is giving her and it's good to be right where I am.

No comments: